A home based income can mean financial freedom in many ways as well as independence from the daily “rat race” that most of us face every morning on our way to work. Many people dread getting out of bed early to head out into traffic and then dealing with difficult co-workers and bosses, plus lunch breaks that are too short and often have to be used to run around doing errands, pay bills, etc…you get the point.
This can also be an opportunity for anyone who is currently unemployed or not unable to work, for whatever reason. As long as you are willing to learn and have a computer, then you can earn money at home yourself!
Working at home as your own boss is really not that difficult at all, but most people just have no idea how to go about it. One problem that a lot of online job seekers encounter is the common “data entry” scam where a company will ask you for money and then they just give you a list of OTHER companies that may or may not be hiring. Don’t fall victim to this scheme!!
To help you wade through the often murky waters of what home based income opportunities are legit and which are not, I have listed some of the best legitimate ones, based on my own personal experiences. I have also broken them down into 2 basic categories:
1. Those with potential earnings of only around $1 a day that are easy to do, require no special skills and only a few minutes a day to complete. These are only small task jobs that can be done in your spare time for some quick pocket money. However, as with most things online, there is potential to scale it up. For example, if you do 10 things a day and earn $10 a day, that’s $300 a month for less than an hours worth of effort a day. Not too bad!
2. The 2nd category involves more work and skill, but also pays more and can be scaled up to the point where you are earning a comfortable living at home. It’s important to point out that, even if you don’t think you qualify, you should still look into it, as it’s never to late to learn how to make a better living for yourself. There are many who change careers later in life, so there is always hope for you as well!
So, without further ado, here are the easiest ones first:
- Neobux: This is the biggest PTC site on the internet and has paid it’s members well over 27 MILLION dollars (at the time of this writing). Here you simply get paid for viewing ads for a few seconds. It’s not a lot of bucks, and most of these PTC’s turned out to be scams, but this is one of the few legit ones left. They pay instantly to your Paypal, Alertpay or Netteller account upon your request for cashout. Click here to read more or to join Neobux now!
- Sidetick: This is a social community similar to Facebook except here you get PAID to be social! You can share photos, music, videos, ideas and make friends, all the while earning something called “Tickbucks” for every page view. You get $25 for every 50,000 TB’s and it’s easy to get by referring friends and socializing. Plus, you get 1000 every day just for reading one daily mail from the admin, Jenny, and then commenting on her blog question of the day (which is quite fun!). Get 2000 Tickbucks just for joining Sidetick here!
Note: If you are having any difficulties getting referrals to your links, then I suggest joining a leads generating program, such as LeadsLeap. It can be quite effective!
For home based income generating methods that require a bit more qualifications, I suggest trying the freelancing sites. Being a freelancer doesn’t have to be just about writing, as it involves really ANY ability that you possess and can use to help someone else, such as design work, promotion, testimonials, voice overs, etc. One of my best friends does it for a living, so there is a lot of potential for full time earnings here.
- Elance: One of the best known online freelancing websites. Easy to join and check the job listings to see what is available. The pay for each one can be as little as a few dollars for a small task, or up to 1000′s for a large project. They have free and paid membership plans. Post what you can do and see what happens! Looking for work? Sign up at Elance and search over 30,000 jobs today.
- oDesk: Same idea as the site above, but they call their workforce “remote contractors“. It’s like an employment marketplace for job hunters and employers. Just match up your abilities with what one of the companies or individual business developers want and you’re good to go! Clicking on the banner below will take you to their site: